Try this Crunchy Mixed Avocado Salad
This Mixed Avocado Salad is a delicious and crunchy creation of the Isha Fundation kitchen . It is a Salad you can eat for a healthy snack or as a entree to a meal . Avocados are very healthy and nutritious.
Avocado is loaded with Heart-Healthy monounsaturated fatty acids and the fat in them can help you absorb nutrients from plant foods better.Eating Avocado can even help in a weight loss diet. Here combined with crunchy seeds lettuce, grapes and capsicum. Enjoy 🙂
Mixed Avocado Salad with Crunchy Seeds
Here’s a fun, crunchy salad you can try when you’re looking for a light but delicious precursor to the main meal.
>Yield: Serves 4
For the Salad
Ripe Avocado (butter fruit): 1,Pumpkin seeds: 1 tbsp, Sunflower seeds: 1 tbsp, White Sesame seeds: 1 tbsp, Capsicum: 2, Grapes (or fresh pineapple chunks): 1 cupIceberg lettuce: 1 (medium-size)
For the Dressing
Ripe Avocado: 2, Juice of 1 Lime, Black Pepper powder (fresh, coarsely ground): 1 tsp, Olive oil: 4 tbsp, Salt : 1/2 tsp, Honey: 2 tbsp, Zest of 1 Lime
- Toast the pumpkin, sunflower, and sesame seeds in a lightly oiled pan until golden (not golden brown). Cool completely.
- Peel the avocado and cut into 1-inch-long slices.
- Wash the capsicums and cut into 1-inch squares.
- Cut the grapes in half (lengthwise). Deseed if necessary.
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into medium-size chunks.
- Puree the ingredients for the dressing in a mixer and keep it aside.
- Mix the salad vegetables and grapes in a big glass bowl.
- Drizzle the dressing on the salad just before serving. Toss the salad, taking care not to over-mix the ingredients. Sprinkle the toasted seeds on top.
- Note: If the seeds for garnish are not available, they can be replaced with cashew halves.
Source: Isha Blog